Help me reach my goal!Sponsor Me at March for Babies!


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Adrian and Melody!!!!



Hello My Sweets!! How is your weekend going?? This weather is driving me nuts, how about you? It can't make up its mind, warm, cold, wet, dry, snow, UGHH!!!! But regardless I was on a mission this week to find some special inspiration for a cake for two very special sweethearts, who were celebrating their beautiful birthday's this week.

So I racked my brain, for an idea that would be great for both a boy and a girl, he age 9 and she age 6.  Thinking about what they like to do and watch, I came up with a Super Idea for these two gorgeous super siblings! One of the favorite past times around is sitting back and laughing as you hear I'm Mario, I want to be peach, or get me out the bubble! The game they are talking about is Super Mario Bros, or any version. Who hasn't played Super Mario, Mario Kart, Mario World and so on, its a game franchise that's been out for every one loves it! Its as popular now as it has always been if not more so. So I decided for these little cuties, something super was in order!

Got the theme I wanted, now I was wondering how would I execute my plan, and how I wanted it to look!  Right to work I went on making some icing, ( sugar free of course kids are hyper enough with out added sugar haha!!) and decided Yoshi's Egg was gonna be my base, with some daisy flowers.  I have been practicing the sculpting of figures and designs with the cakes, but I decided I wanted this cake to double as part of the birthday gift for these two sweet peas, so on a search I went for Super Mario Figurines to help and I found them!  Now this is  really a neat trick, because nothing beats the eyes going wide with surprise and excitement when first sigh of  the cake, but also the fact that some new toys. What can I say other than Priceless! And That was just their father!  

It was a special Day and I was so happy to be a part of it, and so happy that I could do something special for these kids that mean so much to me. They couldn't wait to blow out the candles and dive in and rip it apart. You had to hear all the adults yell no wait, it was a moment that made it even greater!  What a great celebration, can't wait to do it again and share it with all you!! Till next week...

Happy Baking from Bradley Sweets!!


1 comment:

  1. This cake is AWESOME! And very fitting for the event!!! Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete