Help me reach my goal!Sponsor Me at March for Babies!


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How To Be Royal on Fat Tuesday!!



Happy Fat Tuesday my sweets!! Thank you so much for all the wonderful request, I'm definitely going to be getting to all of them. One Request in particular came from a very special someone who wanted a taste of New Orleans, and because its Fat Tuesday I thought what better time to whip out the beads and get ready for some yummy KING CAKE! King Cake is actually very popular two times a year, during Christmas because it is also called 3 kings cake, and most popularly during Mardi Gras here in the states!

Running to the Kitchen I made sure to grab the trinket for inside the cake and got all my ingredients ready.  Traditionally this cake, has a cinnamon, nut and raisins filling, however I opted the nuts out.   After I got the filling ready I made my pastry dough which was fun! I love making dough!! Mainly because of the mess I always make but you know what, chicken butt! Just kidding, but no really I do love making a mess because it is a sign that I was having fun in the kitchen. To me that is one of the most important ingredient when baking, fun, it makes your treat that much sweeter! So I got my dough ready and gave it a good helping of the filling ( and hit the trinket ) and put it in the oven to bake up nice and golden!

Ok so while it got ready I had to go to my cubby to make sure I have some of my color sprinkles for the top of my cake, because what kind of Mardi Gras King Cake would it be with out the traditional colors green, purple, and yellow.  Now you might have noticed I mentioned a trinket twice, and I bet your wondering, oh lordy is she off her rocker again she is sticking things in the cake. HAHA very funny, but no I haven't lost my mind, that was lost a long time ago, instead this cake always has a small trinket baked in side of the cake, traditional it is a baby Jesus.  Who ever gets the piece that has the baby Jesus is actually said to be the King ( or queen, this cake is not sexist!) for the day and the next time everyone gets together is supposed to either throw the party, or bring the cake! Yeah I'm looking at  you, you better get that piece, cause you throw one hellava party! Woo Woo!!

Cakes Ready, and I got some Beads, but I want some more! In the words of My grandmother give them a little shimmy shimmy!! Everyone is invited to the Fat Tuesday Celebration, might not have the parade floats, but the drinks will be flowing and the Beads will be flying, and I'm sure the imagination would be soaring!! Remember to check out tomorrow when we keep it up with the Dirty South Theme and visit Mississippi for a wonderfully messy treat!

Happy Baking from Bradley Sweets!!

2 comments:

  1. hey sweets do u ever give up the whole recepie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I do actually, not in the blog though. The blog is more my crazy ways of getting the idea's of trying to get things out there and new ideas, or my twist on a classic recipe things like that. I do have a facebook page where if you send me a message or write on my wall asking for a recipe I do send you the recipe. I like to take recipes and work them and expeireemnt and try new things so its always and I think that's how baking should be. If there is a recipe you would like please visit our face book page I've included the link below. I have been baking a long time and I have so many recipes I would love to share! I look forward to hearing from you!! Happy Baking from Bradley Sweets!! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002104024404

    ReplyDelete