Help me reach my goal!Sponsor Me at March for Babies!


Monday, March 21, 2011

Guess Whose Back!!


Hello My Sweets!! Miss me?? I missed you!! I'm so so sorry I've been M.I.A.  Let me fill you in on whats been going on! Well First, as you may all know, we in a recession  and we all got to have a day job, including me! Lately my employer has been acting nuts with my schedule and changing it at least 5 times a day. When I mean changing I mean telling me one time, then 5 minutes later telling me another, and then another and another, and he has also sent me email 5 minutes before I'm about to leave to tell me another time . Needless to say its been crazy and I have not had a chance to get up in the lab and create some goodies to share with you!  He keeps promising that the schedule will even it out soon, however he does keep changing, so until then I have made the decision that my once daily blog, will be a weekly one, because I don't want to leave you guys out of all the fun! So please bare with me, and thank you so much to everyone who has been following and sending us messages of love! 

Okay so another thing we have been doing is that thanks to a very good friend ( Yeah you!!) we were informed of a great baking contest for Martha Stewart, and we have been working on a great recipe which we submitted and hopefully we will be considered in the running. As soon as we get more info my sweets I'm sending you all messages to vote vote vote for us!

Ok, so now that you know all the crazy that has been keeping me busy, lets get down to the nitty gritty of a great sweet that we created. How many of you have wished for a wonderful donut? Or perhaps that you had a Dunkin Donuts right in your house, or that they even at the least delivered?  Well someone in my house was wishing that very thing, so I decided to remuage  through my baking closet and look through my molds to see what I had.  Now There are lots of ways to make donuts, and there are lots of recipes. I was lucky enough to receive as a gift a donut mold a while back and decided what better time to use it. 

I was watching one of those America's Greatest Food Shows one night on tv, where they featured a dinner that was known for potato donuts which they called ponuts. Yeah not kidding, the batter was made from potato flower, I've never heard of such a thing so it sent me on a quest to look what other recipes I could find , and see what other types of batters people were using. My quest did not disappoint either and I found tons of different recipes from all over, and I had fun experimenting with them all and making my up my own as well. Needless to  say that donut craver in my house has been one happy camper! I have found in all of my experiments that this ponut thing is great, cause its light and not as heavy, and can easily be made sugar free and taste amazing.

The fun part was decorating them after as well/ I made some look like a very famous donut from the Simpsons, ( Oh Homer!) Luckily with the mold I was able to make all types that you can find at your favorite donut hole, but I have also been working on some other donuts that would be made without the use of the mold, and having fun doing so. Krispy Kream got nothing on me! I really suggest that everyone try this at least once. It was a messy adventure, but a fun one too!!

Well my sweets I'm off, to create the next great idea for you guys. Thank you all again for the love and support, and baring with us as our schedule has gotten nutty! I will keep you all updated on our adventures! Remember to please donate to our march of babies too while there is still time! Love you all!! Till next week...

Happy Baking from Bradley Sweets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment