Help me reach my goal!Sponsor Me at March for Babies!


Sunday, March 13, 2011

This minty refreshing treat is for you my friend in Cali!!




Hello My Sweets! What a couple of days it has been. Our hearts and prayers go out to all those in Japan and hope that all those missing are found alive and well. We also would like to send our well wishes to those in our region who are suffering from the recent flooding. We wish you a speedy recovery.

So My Sweets,  I am still going through all the requests all of you made, and I came across one from a good friend of mine, a request I see more as a challenge. This friend mentioned they were craving the famous Shamrock Shake from Mcds, but alas could not have it with out getting sick. Well my friend from the west, challenge not only accepted but challenge won! I made a minty fresh, froze treat that is good for all!!  Okay so I know a fair amount of people who are lactose intolerant, ( meaning dairy, like milk, no good for the tum tum), and although when you go to the grocery store there are more options becoming available, sometimes a nice homemade treat hits the spot.

In the laboratory I went into my closet to dig out an my ice cream maker. I actually love this thing, and on top of that it is can make 2 flavors at one time!  I grabbed some ingredients I needed, and got to work mixing up some lactose free ice cream.  In keeping with one of my favorite flavors, and the fact that St. Patty's is right around the corner, I made a sweet mint, and added some green coloring!!  This treat will make that Shake rock its shams!  To keep it simple all I did was top it off with a nice mint cookie, ( which btw does anyone know a girl scoot I'm running low lol).

Weather has been warming up or trying to, and this refreshing treat is a great way to welcome in the Spring which is also just around the corner!! Remember to say a prayer to all those devastated  by the recent events, and hold those you love closer.  Off to create another request my sweets, till tomorrow...

Happy Baking from Bradley Sweets!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I just had the privilege of trying a Shamrock Shake a few weeks ago and fell in lurve!!! Too bad it's only available once a year!

    ReplyDelete