Help me reach my goal!Sponsor Me at March for Babies!


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HOOWWW YOOUUUU DOOOIIINNNN???



How you Doin??? ( Where my Wendy Fan's at) .Another week of a crazy of ever changing schedules but I have been working on some great idea's to share with you! Plus I've been practicing, getting ready for a special cake that someone has asked for!

  So What do you all think?? I was fooling around in the Lab working on a special test cake for a special occasion.  I decided like always to get a little wild and crazy, I know what else is knew.  This wonderful cake you see, is just a bunch of ideas I was trying, with a few techniques I've learned over the years that I was practicing. You see I am making a very special cake this weekend for two very special people close to my heart. And I wanted to try out some ideas, kick around a few things to see what might be good what won't work. 

Ok so I decided lets test some of the ideas in my head. First this yummy cake you see is 100 % sugar free, which is why I was testing some techniques!  In my experience and adventure trying to find some yummy sugar free recipes I have found that the icing sometimes either has a funky taste ( thankfully I have worked out a great recipe you wouldn't even tell the difference and funky after taste)  The icing since it is sugar free also have a tendency to not be easy to decorate with. It is either to sticky or too runny or won't hold the shape I'm trying to make. I have found the perfect balance though is making the icing and keeping it sugar free and holding the shape.  Check out the roses!! This of course took time and patience.  Which I can say if you ever decide to try your hand at decorating, I suggest taking your time and practice. 

So As you can see, not only was I testing the technique, I was using coloring as well! With the sugar free icing when you add a little bit of coloring ( remember food coloring a little goes a llooooonnngggg waaayyy) it can also help in making your icing get a little thin. Heres a quick tip, after you mix the color in and place it in your piping bag stick it int he fridge. When working with icing it can warm up quickly and this makes it hard to work with.  Keeping it cold does help keep it firm, and so much easier to work with! So I got crazy decided to make green icing, ( mostly cause the special cake I'm making will have green in it, so I had to test it) And Also I was testing a new sugar free chocolate icing recipe that I had. Plus the contrasting colors actually make it pop! Now depending on the decorating your doing, is how you decide how stiff your icing should be.Take the roses, which I left white, for example. To make flowers you need very stiff icing, which gives your hand a good work out. That's why I left them white, cause I wanted to see how it would come out.  Next time I'm adding color!  I was also testing the writing technique and got inspiration from Ms. Wendy Williams ! I was all soft and pink!!

Ok My Sweets I'm off, have a lot of work to do for this weekends very special cake! I hope you are excited to see what I'm going to be doing. I have a vision in my head, and I want to make sure it comes out perfect.   Make sure to check back next week, and let me know what you think!! Also Remember to comment on this cake!! I want to see what you guys think of the test cake.

Happy Baking from Bradley Sweets!!

1 comment: