Help me reach my goal!Sponsor Me at March for Babies!


Saturday, February 12, 2011

What To Do When you don't have an Oven....

Hello my sweets!! Did everyone have a good Saturday?? Perhaps find inspiration for something yummy ?? I know I did!!

I found myself in a quandary today with no oven! I know, how can you bake without the oven??  Due to a mishap with my stove I had to purchase a brand new oven and now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. No matter because like any good baker I do have a few tricks up my sleeve ! So I thought and thought and wondered what delectable treat can I make to start off  and I realized why not keep it sweet and simple.

Now you may ask what is it that I came up with that could possiblely be inspired by Valentines Day as mentioned yesterday? To find the inspiration follow me on my thought process and see where it leads.

I was enjoying a piece of strawberry shortcake ( a traditional  one and quite possibly my fav cake recipe!!) that I had gotten to celebrate my birthday . While I was enjoying one of the oh so yummy strawberries I thought of how popular this fruit is. Who doesn't enjoy a strawberry every now and then!! I myself have only come across one person who doesn't like this piece of natures candy, and I'm convinced if she had a truly good strawberry like the one I was enjoying she would change her mind ! Then it came to me, what's the most popular item, edible that is, on Valentine's Day ? Strawberries!! Yummy !!

So to my kitchen ( or as I like to refer to it my laboratory) I went to find what I had that I could totally use to enhance the beauty that is a strawberry !!  Remember without the oven I was left to my own devises and all I saw before me was my kitchen aid mixer and my microwave!

I wanted to enhance the natural sweetness of my favorite berry and not over power it so I pulled out of my closet a bag of sugar free chocolates and a bowl and popped it into the microwave to melt. While my chocolate melted I grabbed some strawberries, washed them up and got them ready for dipping!  When dipping chocolates it's important to let your imagination run wild and create different things! Go for the simple plain dipped strawberry ( or whatever your favorite fruit or snack is ) or add some sprinkles, different color chocolates, or  perhaps some edible glitter to make it sparkle !!

Now for those of you who do not like chocolate , I know you are out there, why not take some fresh strawberries and dip them in some whipped cream!! I put my mixer to good use and whipped up a batch of sugar free whipped cream with a recipe I've been working on for a while ! The best part of creating your own whip cream is you can essentially make it whatever flavor floats your boat ! Plus if you go sugar free like mine, whatever flavor you use will stand out more. I got a little crazy and made mine coconut flavor! You can also add some treats to the cream if you like to show a little pizazz. That paired with a fresh strawberry, yum my mouth is watering just thinking about it !!

I hoped you enjoyed this sweet, simple, and fun treat idea to start off our baking adventures ! To make something yummy all you need is to have is an open mind . Look what I did with just some things from my pantry , a microwave and a mixer.  Also just because I went sugar free today doesn't mean you have to, but don't be afraid to try it because sometimes the natural flavors are so much sweeter ! I don't know about you, but I am about to grab some chocolate covered strawberries, make a cup of hot coco topped with my home made whip cream and cuddle with a good book on this chilly Saturday night. Stay tuned for tomorrow as I take inspiration from today's idea and kick it up a notch! You won't want to miss !! Till then

Happy Baking from Bradley Sweets






No comments:

Post a Comment